Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Ostar and other cheaper brands- quality?

Page 1 of 1
I am shopping for a new bathroom vanity, toilet, bath tub, taps, accessories... basically everything for a new bathroom at what wil be my PPOR.
I don't want to spend lavish amounts.

I have seen some really affordable products sold at places like the Renovation Boys, from Ostar which are apparently from China.

What do you guys think of their quality?

Am I better off in the long run, paying for better known brands like Caroma, Dorf etc?

Any other affordable brands you would recommend?
I have used many ostar products. They are actually good quality. You will probably be getting equivalent to Caroma and Dorf which are basic brand. Many of which are made in china also.
We are having Ostar basins... The lady at the plumbing supply place said they are great, but she wouldn't recommend anything with moving parts (eg. taps). Basins have been delivered and they look good!
I would almost avoid anything coming from China for quality reasons, they're just not there yet. What happens in 3~4 years and you have an issue? Will they still be around? Will they give you your warranty?
Related
25/07/2023
Tapware brands

General Discussion

Thank you fro your response, Simeon. It is good to hear that you have had a positive experience with Parisi. I am always on the lookout for reliable products, and personal…

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum