Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Shower recess repair

Page 1 of 1
Have a crack in my shower recess floor and am looking at getting it fixed. Got the name of a guy from neighbours who have had the same problem fixed. He comes highly recommended (price, work etc). But I believe he isn't a licensed bathroom guy. He calls himself a handyman. Just wondering if anyone out there with experience knows if a handyman, with recommendations for his work, would be the person to get? Or should I get someone who is a professional bathroom person? I don't intend to change the bathroom around, just need to get the shower recess floor fixed before it starts to leak. So no plumbing/electrical involved. I believe it would be just pulling up tiles, perhaps waterproofing and re-tiling.
How do you know, that's all the problem there is stratastruggler ? Just wondering whether the body corporate needs to get involved , just in case there are bigger issues, costs for which they would cover?

BTW do you know about this forum I found by accident a few months ago ? http://www.flat-chat.com.au/forum/ You might get some great advice there

(My mother lives in a unit, so it was handy to discover
)
Its the upstairs bathroom (townhouse). So a bit of movement over the years has caused the crack in the tiles. Others in the complex have had the same problem, but they discovered theirs when the water started to leak. Have found through internet search that it is not uncommon for this to happen with a bathroom on the second floor.

And yes know about the flat-chat forum. Great place for information. Definitely worth a look for anyone in strata or who knows someone in strata. And no, our BC doesn't pay for it. We had a by-law drawn up to make the bathrooms owners responsibility. Makes owners more likely to maintain their bathrooms/properties when they know no one else is going to pay for it. We learnt this from experience.
stratastruggler
Makes owners more likely to maintain their bathrooms/properties when they know no one else is going to pay for it. We learnt this from experience.
seems reasonable to me - good luck
Related
3/10/2023
Laundry floor has recess under cupboard

Laundry

Waterproofing wet areas, including laundries is a requirement now. I don't know if it was 12 years (for a laundry) but I can't see why it would t have been. Have you got…

28/08/2023
Ceiling Repair

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi All, Hoping someone might be be to provide some advice on my ceiling that needs repair. Photos attached, but seems like the alcove (??) is pulling away. Thanks Thomas

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum