Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Polymarble- Any good?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

We're thinking of getting those Intergrated Polymarble Wall hung basin vanity set.
Link: http://www.firstchoicewarehouse.com.au/ ... =1&sortby=

Has anyone used them before? Or have experience with Polymarble basin tops in general?
What are the pros and cons?

Their sales say that they're very hard-wearing and not easy to get scratch...etc
But I'd like to get some independent advices.
I've googled it but not much information is available.

Cheers!
Our last rental had a polymarble vanity basin. It was in good condition and didn't show much in the way of scratches. I was actually quite surprised at how durable it was. I think you probably have to be careful not to use abrasive cleaners with them or they will age/dull more quickly. I also think their life expectancy is probably about 10 years or so, perhaps more if you are gentle.

I've chosen a polymarble vanity for our ensuite, although I've gone with porcelain basins in our main bathroom.
We're actually planning to have this basin from ikea in our new bathroom as part of our renovation. It's also polymarble and Ikea offer a 10 year guarantee on their whole Godmorgon range.

The fact that Ikea use polymarble and then offer a 10 year warranty on it makes me think it should be pretty durable. I'd be interested to know how much that vanity you've linked costs - it's very similar to the Ikea one.
Wow, that's a great info!!
It costs $860! How about at IKEA? 10 yrs Warranty sounds great!
Hmmm....I was very excited when I jumped on Ikea website after reading mswilmot's post. But there isn't much price difference there and also FCW seems to offer much better quality products..they use Blum for their drawers and basin is over three sides (front and each sides).. I'm sticking with my original plan!

Cheers guys!
Yeah at $860 I guess you're looking at a very similar price range to the Ikea ones - it all depends on the drawer configuration, finish and type of basin for the cost. We like the feel of the Ikea unit having played with it in store and we've fallen for the double-tap-but-technically-single-bowl basin. We're also planning on having an Ikea kitchen so the finish will match. Horses for courses really!

Matt
Related
11/12/2023
POLYMARBLE shower base

Bathrooms and Laundry

I have seen poly marble shower bases last in excess of 30 years

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum