Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Exhaust fan for laundry with shower

Page 1 of 1
I need to put an exhaust fan in a new laundry I'm building. The problem is that I have relocated the new laundry to a part of the house where it sits under a skillion roof- actually part of the large rear verandah roof. The high side of the ceiling is about 2600mm and the low side is about 2500mm. The rafters are 6"x2' so there is only about 140mm between the ceiling and the sarking/colourbond.
I have seen some that have ducting to an exhaust port under the eaves but I don't know if I have enough clearance.
Is the only option an exspensive wall-exhaust fan??
Hi,
You can purchase a exhaust fan system that will fit into that tiny area called Odourvac.
Check out the web site www.odourvac.com.au

Cheers
Shane
I've found a solution to your problem, though from your post date, the job is probably already done. Try "westaflex.com.au". I bought one of their kits, ducting, inline fan vents and fittings, quite small and very powerful. All for just over $100.
Thanks Neil, I'll have a look - the problem isn't actually solved. The Odourvac system is too big. It was a while ago I posted, I'm the type of person who plans every detail well before the job starts
Dukekamaya
Thanks Neil, I'll have a look - the problem isn't actually solved. The Odourvac system is too big. It was a while ago I posted, I'm the type of person who plans every detail well before the job starts

In that case mate, give westaflex a look. They were VERY helpful and seem to have solutions for most things. The kit that they sold me will be perfect for what I want to do.
Thanks Neil, I emailed them and they sent a recommendation with all the details.
Dukekamaya
Thanks Neil, I emailed them and they sent a recommendation with all the details.

Glad to hear it. They were very helpful when I approached them and it's good to see they are consistent.
Related
24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

25/02/2024
How to exhaust heat from closed in veranda

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

There may be answers here but can't find anything. I have a closed in veranda, four windows. North facing, just had sunblock blinds installed. A bit cooler (actually…

12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum