Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Pop-up waste for bath?

Page 1 of 1
Hearing conflicting information re use of pop-up waste for baths? Are they really not suitable? I like the look of them but am worried that they might get jammed and needs to be replaced in a short period of time. Are there any good quality ones suitable for baths?
We had a pop up plug in our old bath (renovated about 10 years ago), and the waste was at one end, not in the middle. If 2 people were in the bath at the same time, many times one person would sit on the pop up and the water would drain away!

New house has the waste in the middle of the bath, so no one sits on it, but we have a pull out plug, not pop up.

I prefer a plug! I hate constantly cleaning the grungy goopy sludge from the pop up mechanisms in the 4 basins in the house as it is....
i agree with stormy, they look good but are in the long run much less practical than your conventional "plug and washer". They are harder to clean out the hair and "muck", and who wants a plug in the bum.?....actually dont answer that please.

As a plumber building his own house, i would not use pop-ups.

who really looks at the plugs anyway in the long run when you've just spent 3 grand on a new LCD TV, go watch that instead..!!
My DH just spent a whole day under the house removing a broken pop-up waste (that was the only way he could replace). If I asked him for his opinion it would be #*&#!.
Hi we have recently been told by a person at Reece that pop up wastes in baths a no longer available. I personally don't like them as the kids are forever emptying the bath at Nannas place.

Agree with everyone above, no one really looks in your bath anyway
Personally I love ours. I have never had it pop up when sat on in the bath, but with ours you have to push them reasonably hard to make them pop. As for cleaning issues, maybe it is just ours, but there doesn't seem to be any gunk build up in the drain, and on top of the drain (our shower is over our bath) it comes up clean as a whistle when i clean the rest of the bath each week.
Related
25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

26/11/2023
Frameless bath screen.

General Discussion

Thanks for the advise,much appreciatedđź‘Ť

13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum