Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

How do you make vanity appear to be floating with a kicker??

Page 1 of 1
I want my vanity in my ensuite to be floating, however it is too late as we are at plaster stage of the building process (so all the plumbing is completed). Is it possible to make a vanity "appear" floating with a recessed kicker? If so, how many mm off the floor should the vanity be so you don't see the kicker? Alternatively is it possible to tile over the kicker so the vanity appears floating?
I wanted floating vanities but our builder wouldn't do them (or not for a reasonable price anyway). Luckily the standard style has a fairly small base, and I had the brilliant idea to tile them the same as the floors to make them disappear.

I can't take any measurements right at the moment, but will try to remember tomorrow. Anyway, the ensuite vanity looks like this (bathroom is the same but I don't have a decent photo):

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/kerrynw/IMG_4622_1_1.jpg

You have to look really closely to even see the base of the cabinet.
yes great idea - your bathroom looks fantastic. Is that wenge laminate?
Nope, it's Formica Mocha in Velvet finish.

I just measured the cabinet overhang, and it's 230mm at the front and 130mm at the sides. The cabinet itself is 500mm deep. The height from floor to base of cabinet is about 200mm.

So that would make the pedestal/base section about 270mm deep x 200mm high, and the width is 260mm less than the vanity width (our cabinets are different widths).
Related
2/04/2024
How would you make this room feel homey

Interior Decorating Lounge

In my opinion just a few more indoor plants and you're done. It's already a lovely space, you've managed a classic style without being too cluttered and that creates a…

7/03/2024
Discover Elegance with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Colle

Bathrooms and Laundry

Transform your bathroom into a sanctuary of calm and sophistication with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Collection. A standout…

9/08/2023
Will we make it in for Christmas?

Building A New House

Not sure who you're building with, but I moved in recently to a 11month scheduled, 8 month actual build on the South coast/Illawarra NSW

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum