Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Terracotta tiles in bathroom

Page 1 of 1
At the moment, I'm constantly thinking about the bathroom design. Hubby wants black... But since he told me he'll leave the design to me

Now, I quite like the idea of warmer colours and I quite like terracotta tiles for the floor and mabye some patterned tiles spanish/andalusian or even mexican style here and there on the walls to create a warm oasis. But then again, if the rest of the walls would be white, would that be an overkill on white? I could go up to 1m on the wall with the terracotta.
What do you think? Terracotta for the bathroom any good?
Warm colours will look good in your bathroom, however i would not use Terracotta tiles. Even log on to the beaumont tiles site and under terracotta they say "we do not recommend that Terracotta be used in "wet areas". These are dense and have a low porosity." they also have a very low slip rating.
Terracotta in the bathrooms was very popular about 15 years ago, now the look is too heavy because people want a retreat, spa feel. There is so much out there try something else.
Related
26/01/2024
Terracotta roof draft issues

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone I have a terracotta tiles roof When I climb inside the roof cavity I can feel that there is a draft inside the roof as the wind goes through the roof which is…

12/02/2024
Terracotta roof replacement

General Discussion

We're looking at replacing the roof of a heritage listed home so it needs to be terracotta tiles, wondering if anyone has any recommendations, hints or…

22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum