Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

screeding floors

Page 1 of 1
hello.. anyone know if there is a do or dont with floor screeding... i was told to never use bondcrete in a bathroom because it can imulsify due to moisture.. in perth for some reason our bathroom floors are a not very strong mix of concrete like a slab would be.. very sandy mix of sand , cement.. if not sealed properly they become very drummy.. and sometimes crack.. i was taught to use water and general purpose cement to form a slurry and brush on floor then screed with dryish mix 3 or 4 to one cement mix and ram pack floor to level.. now im told to add boncrete to slorry and cement mix.. any idears on hows right or wrong.. or where i can get standards fromm.. people demand guarrentee,s now days and its very costly to go back and fix cracked tiles and drummy floors.. thanks big mac
BC as an admix it is fine but not a bonding product in a wet area.
There are other cross linked products that don't re-emulify.
But dry pack is the best way.
The dry mix is correct, it should be more of a mortar mix as opposed to concrete!
What I have done is water proof ā€“ dry mix ā€“ water proof again.
2 layers of water proofing may be overkill, but Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry.
Plus the second layer of water proofing prevents the musky or mouldy smells.
Related
13/06/2023
Kitchen floors

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks mate.

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

14/03/2024
Soundproofing between floors in wooden house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

To reduce noise transfer without compromising the aesthetic of your exposed I beams, consider filling the 100mm gap between the I beams and the floor above with dense,…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum