Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

compatable toilet with Cistern?

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I found a Cistern on ebay and still looking for a horizontal waste toilet so that I can extend the sewer pipe out the wall and not down the concrete.
my question is, do I have to find a cistern that will match with the toilet bowl? "size and connection wise" or they are all one standards in Sydney?

thx
Is it a connector style cistern or close coupled style cistern? What is its water rating (3* 6/3L or 4* 4.5/3L)? Do you have a brand and model?
it will largely come down to the amount of water that the cistern flushes. Is it an Australian cistern? If it is it should be a 6/3 or 4.5/3 flush. So you will have to buy a toilet bowl which is designed to take this amount of water. The bowls are designed to clear with a certain amount of water, so if you have one that needs more that your cistern will give you, then it wont clear. If you have a cistern that flushes more water than you need, well flood ahoy!
Related
19/05/2023
Compact Toilet/Powder - Where to Buy

Bathrooms and Laundry

Looking at some of the designs on websites, they are all selling very similar products. I get that you want something stylish. It's worth looking for search terms like SaveH2O…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum