Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Is this a decent toilet? Should I upgrade.. HELP

Page 1 of 1
I didnt know how important a toilet was until I found this forum! Ease of cleaning, comfort, water consumption etc...

The one in my standard inclusions is this: http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/products/9501156

What do the toilet experts out there think? Should I upgrade and what do you reccommend?
Hi. I upgraded my loos, because the standard ones were butt ugly
Boom boom tish.
Do you like your ones? They have the half and full flush, so that's good.
I'm not a toilet expert, maybe someone else can be more help. Good luck
We upgraded and got ones that are flush to the wall, so no annoying bits to clean. I also had to have soft close lids, as I hate it when DH slams the lid down!
We also upgraded to have the solf closers .. what a great invention.

Also, we chose to have one that we can attach a bidet spray to. Not that we are going to use it as a bidet, but we had these while living overseas and they were great toilet cleaners ... no more unsightly toilet brushes and holders for me!
Hmm.. Ive been hearing a bit about the soft close ones. Are they much more expensive?
you can buy the soft close lids seperatly.. they are about $60 - 80
It's great what you hear on these forums! I'll be going for a soft close lid when we get our toilet replaced (which will be soon hopefully). I didn't even realise that they had such a thing.
hmmmmm
you can buy the soft close lids seperatly.. they are about $60 - 80

Ohh that sounds better. I had a look at the soft close options today and they were a few hundred dollars dearer for a similar style toilet.
Agree with Caroline on back-to-the-wall. Had enough with trying to get behind the loos
EKT
I didnt know how important a toilet was until I found this forum! Ease of cleaning, comfort, water consumption etc...

The one in my standard inclusions is this: http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/products/9501156

What do the toilet experts out there think? Should I upgrade and what do you reccommend?

Go and check them out at a Reece showroom. The basic ones usually look OK these days (you don't often see an exposed S-bend), but the flush mechanism and buttons can be a bit crummy on some.

Push the buttons and see if they feel wobbly. If they do, consider upgrading to a better model, it'll drive you nuts if you have to press and press and press again.....
Be carefull on what star rating yuou get. In older houses with earthenware pipes go for the 3 star - we always do in our designs. The 4 star units just dont use enough water on full flush and can cause problems with older piping. A lot of feedback I get is that people flush twice therefore using more water than a 3 star anyhow.

Cheers
Charlie
Related
19/05/2023
Compact Toilet/Powder - Where to Buy

Bathrooms and Laundry

Looking at some of the designs on websites, they are all selling very similar products. I get that you want something stylish. It's worth looking for search terms like SaveH2O…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum