Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Wash Basin for WC vanity

Page 1 of 1
Hi ,

i'm really at my wit's end here. I am trying to find a wash basin that will fit into my vanity in my WC.We though it would be a great idea to fit a vanity with a wash basin into our vanity , but seem to have trouble finding a good basin as all the basins we have come across are 420mm+ in depth (front to back measurement).
The style we are interested in is a traditional (oval/eliptical) sink which is dropped into the vanity. I dont mind considering a semi recessed basin as long as it does not stick out too much.
The vanity is 350mm in depth (front to back) therefore, the basin would hav to be in that measurement range.
The vanity has a ceasarstone bench top.
Are you expecting the taps to be mounted on this basin, are they coming out of the wall or will you set it to one side out of the benchtop?

Considering your vanity is only 350 deep your max size would be about 300 - 310mm if you are going drop-in. If you are considering semi-recessed your cabinet needs to be made to accommodate that as well. Is the vanity actually made yet?

I haven't seen a drop-in oval basin under 390mm with tapholes. For semi-recessed I think the tribune is worth a look.

You might also be able to fit the fowler regent inset basin, with pillar mixer to the side. It might be a bit tight in regards to cleaning around the back tho. Or even the Fowler Seido basin set against the wall , especially if taps are coming from the wall.

Otherwise there is quite a large selection of top mounted square style basins around 330mm.
I ended up doing this, I only had very limited space and was tearing my hair out trying to find something to fit. It's from Reece.
I was wanting a traditional dropped in basin with the taps mounted on the basin. The builder is plaaing on installing a mixer tap - that helps a bit.
hmmmm... I think I'll stick with what he's putting in - after all It's a WC vanity and I'm not going to kick up a fuss about it.
Here is the link to the basin the builder has planned to put in....
http://www.reece.com.au/products/pdf/9500530.pdf
and here is an image
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

7/03/2024
Discover Elegance with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Colle

Bathrooms and Laundry

Transform your bathroom into a sanctuary of calm and sophistication with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Collection. A standout…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum