Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Show us your bathroom tiles!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We have our tile appointment on Monday and I'm petrified as we have no idea what we want in terms of colours, types of tiles, patterns, etc

We've been to the tile shop about 5 times and just end up leaving with a headache because I'm left brained and not very imaginative - I need to see something in front of me to be able to visualise it!

We've almost settled on a mocha floor but not sure what to do for the rest.

Would anyone like to share pics of their bathroom? Mainly interested in ideas for shower and bath niches, bath hob and basin splashback. I know we all love pics

Thanks!
Every man and his dog has seen this, but here it is again

Here's our shower (with niche):

and vanity:
our tiles

The GLW picked them up today.
Do you have a particular style you are aiming for? Modern, country, retro, traditional, ye olde etc etc. Once you know a 'style' then that helps to narrow down the VAST choices out there.

Do you like the idea of a feature tile? If so, that will directly link back to the style of your bathroom.

Here's ours - for reference, the style we're using throughout in this renovation is subtle, neutral, slightly country with a modern twist (ie greys insteads of creams). Our main focus was to bring the outside in, as we have a massive window above the bath. This was acheived with the gum leaf pattern feature tile. The colour of our feature tile was determined by the colour scheme we're using throughout. Walls tiles are a white gloss and the floor tiles are not plain white, they have specks of grey and latte which matches in nicely with the feature tiles and the smoke pearl wall paint.
we went for 2 completely different looks in ours. the main is neutral creamy brown and the ensuite is marble look in black, grey and off white.
ensuite vanity

xolur is washed out here but you can see the pattern on the tiles clearly. Wall tiles are almost a reverse of these. You can't see it in this photo though as they just look white.

main vanity

If you follow my link here and go to the bathroom design section there are a few examples thatmay give you some help. But an important thing we always stress to our clients get a balance between a look and practicality.
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/mtbpebble/IMG_1006.jpg
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/mtbpebble/IMG_0702.jpg
here are mine

I have white paint for walls and ceiling in the bathrooms too
hi everyone, thanks so much for all of your replies and pics. i *think* we're prepared for tmrw
hope it all goes well for you. let us know what you finally decide on. photos too
Related
22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

30/05/2023
Bathroom Puddle flange

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi Geoff Install Puddle Flange prior to any screed. Puddle flange needs to be flush with the surface so you may need to grind away the surface to achieve this. Also as…

4/06/2023
Bathroom reno - do i need a bathtub

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hello It is good to have a planned bathroom reno to suit your budget and design, living for 10 years I think you need a bathtub

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum