Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Square edge laminate - cheaper - looks good but reliable?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

We are looking at our bathroom vanity choices now and have ruled out stone on cost the other options were squareform laminex but there is not a colour we really like so started thinking of a square edge look (like the old fashioned benches no postforming) - in a darker colour so the edges not so obvious. I have had these in old houses and my parents have this. Are they thought to be suitable for the bathroom area?

Thoughts and experience appreciated ... as always

Ps looked at diamond gloss square edge but edges look a bit strange - and don't really want gloss
Bluesteel, I'm in a 13yo rental that has been, let's say, not that well cared for.

The cupboards are chipped, paintwork is crap. But the sqare edge laminate benches in the powder room, bathroom and kitchen are not chipped or marked at all.
So if they're still in good condition in this house, they'll be durable anywhere!
hi bluesteel, we've got square edge laminex in our bathrooms (in a light colour
- we didn't know the edges showed so much).

we have one small chip in the kids bathroom one which wouldn't be noticable in a dark colour; other than that they are fine, IMO anyway lol! I don't consider them to be a safety issue if that's what you're worried about? our DS bumps his head more on the stone one in the kitchen (it happens a lot
)
I like the look of square edges the best, but we went with d mould laminex. It has two 90 degree rolls, whereas bullnose has one 180 degree roll.
Hi guys
Joles - thats a great testament that the bench has held up and everything else hasn't

WBA and Donuts thanks for the input I'm thinking a nice square looking expresso ligna (or something dark like this) which is already stripey (so edges less visible) and mocha floors and everything else bright white...
Not so worried about heads bumping (did not even think about it as they bump their heads on everything anyway...) now have to convice DH
Related
29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum