Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Can I fit a bath in ensuite?

Page 1 of 1
I have an ensuite that measures 2x2m right next to the main bathroom which measures 2.7 x 2m. I am hoping to have a bath + shower in the ensuite in addition to a toilet next to the wall vanity. Is that possible? What is the minimum area I need for the ensuite to have all these?

If need be, I can make the main bathroom a bit smaller but I want to definitely have a bath + shower + toilet and if possible, double hand basins.

Don't like the shower over bath option.

Also are there any websites that can help me decide where to put the different components of the bathroom just so I get an idea on the layout?

Many thanks - I am a newbie.
I think you are going to be pushing it. Think about a wetroom instead of a normal ensuite - tiles from ceiling to floor, no paint on walls, very modern, very popular in UK.

1. You can get smaller sized baths (probably expensive, not sure).
2. Have your bath only made of tiles, not a normal sized bath (then you can make it smaller and still look great)
3. Two basins - GOOD LUCK with that!!!
4. Shower over Bath, I don't think you will have a choice in a 2x2 room...
5. Try not to eat into the family bathroom, or you'll only have the same problems in there too.

Go to www.reece.com.au (their bathroom planner) VERY easy to use for your purposes (free) and you can save & print your ideas out....

GOOD LUCK

Annie
go see

http://www.shower-guide.com/wet-rooms-a ... howers.htm
I think you'll find you won't have enough room for a bath.

Our bathroom is 1.8x3.4 and we opted to get rid of the bath and have a 1.8 walk in shower. The kid's bathroom has a bath and it's a nice size, not to shallow and not too deep so I'm happy to have a bath there.

Does your main bathroom have a bath?
Loulabelle
I think you'll find you won't have enough room for a bath.

Our bathroom is 1.8x3.4 and we opted to get rid of the bath and have a 1.8 walk in shower. The kid's bathroom has a bath and it's a nice size, not to shallow and not too deep so I'm happy to have a bath there.

Does your main bathroom have a bath?

This is in a house we are building so we can probably shift some of the measurements of the main bathroom into the ensuite since they are right next to each other.

I probably was not clear in my original post:

1. Ensuite 2x2m - currently planned for shower (prefer walk-in), single handbasin + toilet . Would like to add a stand-alone bath if possible.

2. Main 2.7 x 2m - currently planned for shower, bath, single-basin + toilet. Would like a double basin instead of single - is that possible?

Had a look at the reece website as recommended by one of the replies and it seemed that I may be able to do both of these options if I make the ensuite a bit bigger say 2.3 x 2m and the main 2.4 x 2m. Both with sliding doors to save space.

Although if it really is too cramped, I will just stick with what my architect has planned currently. BUT I would really like to have a bath in the ensuite if possible!!!
I don't really know anything about bathroom sizes but just wondering about the rationale for a double basin in main bathroom?

Although I don't have one in my ensuite, I understand the rationale between partners both getting ready for work or going out at same time, shaveing, doing makeup etc but not sure if this would be useful in main bathroom - in my experience, by the time children are old enough to shave or wear makeup or spend ages grooming (in other words, when they become teenagers
) they are so obsessed with privacy that they wouldn't so much as clean their teeth in same room as anyone else anyway.
Helyn
I don't really know anything about bathroom sizes but just wondering about the rationale for a double basin in main bathroom?

Although I don't have one in my ensuite, I understand the rationale between partners both getting ready for work or going out at same time, shaveing, doing makeup etc but not sure if this would be useful in main bathroom - in my experience, by the time children are old enough to shave or wear makeup or spend ages grooming (in other words, when they become teenagers
) they are so obsessed with privacy that they wouldn't so much as clean their teeth in same room as anyone else anyway.

I have 2 boys so didn't think privacy was as much as an issue when they are teenagers but may need to rethink that.
In my efforts to re-find a picture I saw a few days ago for an idea I like, I saw this.... and thought I'd post it here

http://www.homeatyellow.com.au/yph/page ... 2590616645

This bathroom is 2.4x1.8 and has seperate shower & bath.
Two basins in the main bathroom is a great idea if you can fit it if you have a couple of kids.

I'm one of five. Growing up, you have no idea how many times I had to squeeze past someone popping a zit in the mirror to get to the basin to wash my hands.
Or wait to wash hands while someone was brushing teeth, or wait to brush teeth cos someone was trying to pierce their own ear.... or checking their new tongue stud wasn't infected.......you get the idea.
We're trying to design a main bathroom in a 2x2 space. If you really want a bath in there take a look at japanese baths.[/url]
To me a doulbe vanity in ensuite would be a waste of time.. I hate having anyone in the bathroom at the same time as me.
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum