Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Any suggesstions for colour schemes??

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!

We are just wondering what colour schemes everyone has gone in their bathrooms/ensuites??

We are at a loss at to what colours we like... In our kitchen we are having chocolate brown cupboards with whitish bench tops and want something different than this! One consideration is that we are going with a standard option to save on costs so we might be limited, but were wondering if people were happy to suggest something or post pics of their lovely bathrooms so we can get an idea?? We want to keep them fairly neutral for re-sale value etc. We like the really light brown cupboards but then are lost with bench colours, floor and wall tiles, etc...

Please help!! Any assistance woul be greatly appreciated.
We are as yet to set in concrete our colors, but am leaning towards white.

Yes, boring I know, but accessories can be changed at whim for a fresh new look, at a minium cost.

And, IMHO, white is less likely to date. I'm planning on staying in our place for at least 20 years or so......
Mine will be charcoal, grey, silver and white!
White tiles on the bathroom floor can be a nightmare
specially if there is a hairy chest involved
I am into browns, whites and kind of a taupey grey striped tile.
Are you able to have a different paint colour in the bathrooms? If so, you could have some continuity with the rest of the house by using the same laminate for cabinets and/or the same benchtops, but add a point of difference with the wall colour. Paint is the cheapest and easiest thing to change if you ever get bored with a room....

We stuck to the same cabinet colour for kitchen and bathrooms, and chose a vaguely similar benchtop, but did the bathroom walls in pale green, then added some feature tiles. I've used deeper green accents in our bedroom amongst mostly beige and a bit of chocolate, and there's a really nice flow between the rooms. This is the only pic of the ensuite I could find just now, and it was taken before the room was quite finished:

The only problem is, your builder may charge a premium price for having a feature colour in one or two rooms. Ours did, but when I've made up my mind, nothing stops me.

Another option is to keep the room totally neutral (whites, creams, beiges)and use towels and decorative items to add colour. Lots of people seem to favour that approach.
Hi Leigh & Sam,

In one bathroom I did the same as you, all chocolate and white with light brown cupboards and feature tiles - boring but I do love it!!!

But in the ensuite I decided to get a bit creative, I thought, only DH and I will usually see it, so if I stuff it up it's not such a big deal lol. I saw an embossed tile which I loved and decided to use for a whole wall in the shower, and then chose everything else around that. So the ensuite is all dark/dusty pinks and mushrooms and taupy grey mauve.

shower with feature wall

vanity (this was taken before mirror went on)

Although I am thrilled with the ensuite and am happy I did it, I do still love my chocolate and white bathroom a bit more. It's fresher and brighter, and the quality of the tiles is better.

Anyway my point is, go to a tile shop and see if there is one tile you just LOVE, and try to build your colour scheme around it.

hope that helps
Thank you all so much for your reply's and pictures!!!!

That was some very prompt responses, nice!!!

We have a few more ideas now, light brown cupboards may be the go, or some nice grey/silver combinations... hmmm what to do!?! lol! We love the shower donuts and your cupboards look fantastic kek!!! Nice work guys!! We will keep you all informed when we make our final decisions...!!

Cheers!
Related
8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

11/07/2023
Any issues?

Building A New House

I am looking at building a house. Has anyone used Construkt Homes (based in Adelaide)? Does anyone have experience with this builder?

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum