Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

urgent toilet problem

Page 1 of 1
hi

our toilet wasnt flushing properly and now (tuesday 19/4) replaced the inlet valve which has fixed that part.

now later tuesday night 19/4) the toilet every now and then makes the sound like its slowly draining and filling, have adjusted inlet valve constantly and it makes a short difference.

today (wednesday 20/4) took out the outlet valve to check seal under it that connects to bottom of cistern and it was worn.

am wondering wether that seal might have anything to do with it or would it be the outlet valve itself, or could it be the new inlet valve (shouldnt be as its new).

the toilet cistern the house has is a caroma tasman 2 ivory and wondered if you are able to buy a new outlet valve for that cistern, ifso what would brand and part number likely be or if that new bottom seal will fix it.

or would you be better replacing the whole cistern.

the toilet is 20 years old but there is no cracks in the cistern.

think the person who owns house would rather keep ivory colour but havent asked but she knows about the problem and was one who noticed it.

live in a small country town and you can only buy a white cistern instant and if you want to order a ivory one it may take a week or 2 to get here
Why are you making repairs to someone else's property?
live with a aunt and she wanted me to fix it, do plan to try a new seating seal and work from there as it needs it anyway
Ok.

Try Tradelink for advice on parts etc if there is a store near you.

Google might also be your friend?

Good luck.
Related
22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum