Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Screed over toilet waste opening

Page 1 of 1
Currently in the midst of bathroom renos. My dad who's a carpenter / builder helping with some stuff. We did waterproofing ourselves. But I'm getting tiler to do screed and tiles.
Tiler came yesterday for the screeding but he's covered over the toilet waste opening, it's a lovely flat screed completely hiding toilet waste. Is this normal? Is that just so it's nice and flat and he'll then poke a hole in it when he comes back to do tiles? Or does he think I don't want a toilet now???
Probably a stupid question, I guess I'll ask Tiler and/or Dad but it's just on my mind now at 5am!
Ummm I wouldnt let him back if he screeded over it, prob doesnt have much experience
Related
15/05/2023
Screed bonding agent for external applications

Flooring & Floor Covering

Before you rip it up, if you can in the grout lines, drill some holes and pour/inject techgrip by sika. I have used it to bond mdf to timber, but in the process it dripped…

30/07/2023
Screed - is this an issue

General Discussion

Hi all, We're curring working on our outdoor and have some questions in relation to screed. I've tried to find information online, without success. Apologies for the…

15/12/2023
Hydronic in screed -> insulation underneath necessary or no?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Currently renovating, and our main lounge is 5m x 10m, with a cathedral roof peaking at 6.5m high. Currently have tiles on concrete slab. Room is very hard to heat. I am…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum