Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom advice please

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone
We are right at the final planning stages and I can’t help but feel the kids bathroom isn’t quite right. I’d like to keep the shower where it is and my hubby thinks we should have a bath for the kids. I think I’ve stared at this plan for way too long and can’t seem to come up with anything. The vanity seems a little small for 2 kids, although they are young now, this is our forever home and will eventually need more space
Happy to hear anyones suggestions
Thanks in advance

BrookeSmith
Happy to hear anyones suggestions

Either that is a giant shower or you are installing a very small bathtub. If I am correct, I would shrink the shower down to a square, with a door opening to where the basin is now, put the basin where the bath is now and install a larger tub against the wall on the left. The tub will be partially enclosed by the shower wall, but I don’t think that will be a big deal.

Also, if you are planning that one day you'll fiddle around with the bathroom as your family grows up, consider where the plumbing in the floor is located, as that will be one of the biggest hassles and expenses if making later changes.
Also, is that a door to a toilet at the top of the image, which looks like it has another basin in it? If so, to save space perhaps consider a cavity sliding door or have the exit/entry to that room off the wall to the left, rather than into the bathroom.
Cavity slider like Arcadelt suggested.

then move the tub to the wall on the right, double basin on the wall to the left and rearrange the shower so you have a glass door entry in from the centre of the shower instead of the left.
Ah, I now see that the door is the entry into the bathroom. Why the extra basin? Perhaps you could show us more of the space, so we better understand the context.
we have a 1500mm shower in our ensuite
it is just too big and gets cold in winter
even for 2 people 1200mm would be more than enough
for a childrens bathroom 900mm square is only choice
Related
19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum