Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom Tile And Colour Selection Help Needed

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We are nearing building completion of our house and will be tiling our ensuite after handover. If anyone is interested I can pm a picture of it as it stands or the plan layout but we have hit a bit of a brick wall in relation to our tile selection. Part of the problem occured some months ago when we had to do a cabinet colour reselection. We had previously chosen some lovely Petra Latina porceline tiles (450x450 floor and 600x300 wall) and felt our new cabinet colour selection suited the tiles nicely. However after laying the sample tiles out in the ensuite with the cabinets installed we have found that the tiles are alot more green than we had first envisaged and don't match well with the cabinets.

Soooo we are seeking help for colour ideas to go with the the new cabinet colours being Laminex Fudge Stream (main cabinet body) and Laminex Pearl Grey benchtop. Generally we are grey colour lovers as opposed to cream however I'm concerned that by tiling grey we are going to make the room seem alot darker than it actually is? Any colour ideas at all would be greatly apreciated. The ensuite is big so we do like the idea of having larger floor tiles with rectangular wall tiles up to ceiling height.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide....I'll sort out some picture if it helps.
Bunoluvas, anyway you can post a photo of your bathroom cabinet?
I will bring to the top of the form my “how to post a photo” for you.

I’m in the middle of a big job, but if you make it easier for me I will try and help you.
Hi Michelle,

No worries....I've hopefuly got a few pics on my home computer and will either post tonight after work or in the morning. I might PM you with them initially as the building phase is still ongoing I should be a little discreet due to opinions I may have expressed about the builder.

Kind Regards
OK
pm sent thanks
Replied
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum