Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

How to change a washer in the shower

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I need to change a washer on a leaking tap in my shower, but I can't figure out how to get the tap out to change it.

I can unscrew the base of the tap from the wall and get it out from the wall a little way and I can see where I would need to get a spanner/wrench onto the brass piece underneath to turn it, but I don't have a tool that can reach into the small gap and I can't see a way to actually take the tap head off as there is no screw or allen key piece in it.

Can anyone help me as to how I should go about this?

I've also attached some photos so you can see what I mean.

Thanks,

Maitreya

the cross handle comes off first there is a small nut retaining it to the spindle, you need a special wrench with 2 teeth. Then remove the cover, unscrew the tap body and change the washer, good luck

Hi Pulse,

Thank you so much for that.

Whereabouts would the small nut be, as I cannot see anything externally on the cross handle?

Kind regards,

Maitreya
https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-spo ... t_p4920385

look at this link, the spanner is on the left and the nut looks like one in the top row of the photo, under the tap handle, you remove it from behind, good luck
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

27/10/2023
Change to Contract

General Discussion

Thank you for this information.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros