Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

European Shower - starting to be popular in Perth

Page 2 of 2
We currently have a smart tile but I don't like it so much. It looks great but not so practical for me as I have really long hair. If I don't pop the tile up and clean the hair out of those little teeth things every few days it completely blocks the water from draining. Not a good thing in the shower. Next time I'll be getting the stainless steel grates.
P.S. Love the euro shower tho.
there are quite a few over versions of the smart tile, we've put them in ours, I really like the idea of having the grate along the entire wall under the head though!
Here one of our 2 showers and love it. Ours have a center drain but you need to make sure you have a good tiler to get the fall right.

One of our frameless - walk-in showers
1800mm Long x 900mm Wide. Glass 1000mm Long.
wow this shower looks amazing! Is it a shower head for rain like showers in the ceiling?
Maybe some frosted glass (elements) would be nice.
We added a glassless shower as a variation to our ensuite and it was inexpensive to change it from a double frameless walk in. The outside nib wall is 1600 high. We could have had a "walk in" shower ( no hob) but we forgot to ask to alter the fall at prestart. So we have a small tiled one brick hob ( a precaution from the builder- but as it turns out we don't need it due to width of shower. The fall was sufficient. I love that I don't have any glass at all and there is no splash out.
This was taken before grouting and tiling completed.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/WestAussieforeva/89ensuiteglasslessshower_zpsfa203941.jpg
There are many interpretations of a European shower some have a walk in scenario with no door but a single wall or glass panel without any door. The walk in no door shower works very well is the dimensions are correct if not the water will spray everywhere and create problems. I like to have a glass panel of a minimum 1.8m I find this size to work well and the water is kept in the shower area and not spraying everywhere on the walls outside of the showering area.
I have all of the showers in my house that way however I axe the channel based on feedback I received from friends with them and more importantly the cost. For the 3 showers I have I was going to be charged something like 2200. I did not even think about the cleaning side of things but I see the benefit of not having glass.

I just looked at the smart tile and did not realise that was the type of floor grate that I am having. Score!!
Thanks some great advices

Would the smart tile be cheaper to install than a grate?
Related
27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

22/06/2023
Joists under shower tray

General Discussion

Hi All, about to commence a bathroom renovation and need some advice on subfloor works. Current subfloor is hardwood T&G floorboards on 90x45 joists, but intention is to…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum