Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Installing a timber floating shelf - single stud

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I am.wanting to install two timber floating shelves in my kitchen, one above another. First one just above where the splashback tiles finish. It's only about 700mm.wide and I was keen to get one custom cut from a timber supplier . They give you two steel robs that are designed to go through timber studs or concrete/brick.
My problem is that it's between a window frame and a wall return and there is only 1 stud roughly in the middle. There are about half width studs at either end – to do with the framing I guess. Any suggestions of how to attach these onto the wall? It's a brick veneer plaster wall.
An.image can be seen here https://ibb.co/FYF0wh1
Thanks
Related
18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

7/02/2024
How to repair buckled floating floor?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Thanks, that's the motivation I needed to give it a try sooner rather than one day!

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum