Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

WAFFLE POD SLAB / RAFT SLAB / Conventional Slab

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Australia has been in drought for over a decade. Hence the business of Waffle Pod Slab and/or Raft Slab H1 & H2 Beams have taken over the Conventional Slab.

My question to all is??

1. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF A MAJOR FLOOD OCCURS CAUSING SOIL AROUND THE SLAB TO FLASH AWAY.
  2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOAM TO DECAY bearing in mind it is not a natural product.
  3. WILL BUILDER GIVE LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANT
  4. HAS A REPORT BEEN PREPARED IN AUSTRALIA TESTING THE FLOOD FLASHING SOIL AROUND WAFFLE POD (bearing in mind Australia has been in decade long drought and rain water has not been absorbed in Austalian land ).
  5. Will the Hydraulic Engineering Report prepared for Construction will fail (bearing decade long drought)
  6. WILL LOCAL AREA COUNCIL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CRACKS IN HOME AS A RESULT OF FLOOD WASHING SOIL OF WATER GOING BENEATH SLAB AS LOCAL COUNCIL APPROVES THE USE OF WAFFLE POD.
  7. Marsden Park, Schofields and other NSW Areas are subject to 1 in 100 year flood what will happen if these floods happen.
  8. .
Its the same in portarlington in Victoria where a flood study was done in 2009, and gazzeted on the 23rd of March 2010 the only reason they had a flood study done is to protect the council from legal case come back and bite them in you know where, the fact that portarlington ocean grove Lorne Torquay queenscliff point Lonsdale grovedale all these areas are subject to 1 in 100 year floods, but most importantly these areas have been subject to flooding anyway because of the low part of the areas which are like catchment for road run off even our block of land was sold to us without any notice on our sales contract they previous owner had a letter sent to him in 2009 stating that council was doing a flood study but never told us about the land was sold to us as a house and land package but we paid for it sepretly to the owner. We did get flooded out in 2011 12 inches of water when I got home opened the sliding door and water was coming in. Builder didn't put any drains behind garage so it all ended up unders the waffle slab causing it to move like a God dam boat.
Even without major floods the soil around waffle pods can be washed out as water gets easily under waffle pod slab if there is no proper drainage and protection around (which most houses don't have).

I don't think any of the builders will be providing lifetime structural warrants for the waffle pod slab and certainly none of their warrants will be covering flooding, e.g. recently few houses at Central Coast were simply washed out by the tide and they didn't get any insurance payouts.

I don't think council will be responsible either, frankly speaking.
Thanks for the information i need to do more homework on this , bloody builders honestly.
Tell me anyone else who gives you a lifetime warranty for anything? A warranty that means exactly that.
And if you buy land in a low-lying area, what did you expect to happen one day???

Stewie
Related
15/12/2023
Getting home built - Is H1 class waffle pod slab ok?

Building A New House

The Soil classification has little to do with piers. The purpose of the classing of the soil is to identify the clay content and the "average expected range of movement…

13/05/2023
Retaining wall under patio slab

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for the insights, that makes perfect sense, and yeah, I will be leaning on the experience of the excavator operator entirely.

8/06/2023
Slab low

Building A New House

I have the civil/drainage plans, what am I looking for?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum