Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Ceiling height

Page 1 of 1
Hi there
Can some one please clear my doubts about ceiling height. We have chosen 2740 ceiling height. When our builder has put plaster under the ceiling it has reduced to 2720. I have asked to my builder and they told me it is ok. They told me also they masseur the height from frame not from plaster. Can some one please give me advice
Thanks
that is correct
measurements are minus plaster and minus floor coverings
same for width and length of rooms
That's same as our ceiling's, great height,looks high end,your ceilings when house is finished will look even higher.

What ever the plans say is what it should be.
There should be a dimension on the plan. If not there will be a FFL (Finished Floor Level) and a FCL (Finished Ceiling Level) . Take those two and subtract to find the height.

From my knowledge you can use the formula L/200 or 5mm (whatever is greater) to find the tolerance, where L=length or dimension
That's a perfect height, ours is a little higher and I don't like it
Related
8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum