Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Wobbly 3 sided shed

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I made a 3 sided pallet shed. It is quite strong etc. except for the front, which wobbles slightly. I currently have a diagonal bracing piece of timber and while that is on, it is extremely solid, but when it's off, at it will need to be so the horses (who the shed is made for) can enter. Any ideas?
Have you installed substantial diagonal bracing in the plane of the roof?
I have installed one diagonal bracing wire, but unsure of effect, but I will try the other diagonal to see if that helps.
I built it similar to this one, but without any pallets at the front. No cladding yet, but roof on.
http://www.goodshomedesign.com/diy-pallet-shed-project/2/
You will require bracing both diagonals on the roof, and the back wall.

Once the cladding is fixed that will also help to stiffen up the structure.
I would use Pryda Speed Brace for the roof as this is typically used for bracing roof trusses. For best effect, install it in pairs as cross bracing
Related
7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

14/06/2023
Lining Shed

General Discussion

Hi, I am sheeting the inside of a 5.7 x 8m shed with gyprock. Unfortunately the shed wasn't designed for internal cladding but I have been framing it up as strongly as…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum