Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Easy way to refit alum. flyscreens.

Page 1 of 1
After struggling for a day I used the next day to think of an easy way to refit the screens. I got a decent piece of strong string and tied it around the screen from side to side 6" from the top, secured it with a reef knot on the inside. I then put the screen outside (I personally removed the sliding window as its easier.) I offered up the screen so that it was just below the top frame and equal overlap at each side, Then hold the bottom tab with one hand pull the top of screen into its place , move down a 6" or so and keep pulling into place then pull up the tab to place the screen into the top, pull remainder of screen into place if not already so and pull down screen into its place at the bottom...Undo the reef knot and gently pull out the string...(I used a lace from a running shoe) prior to starting I brushed a small amount of washing up liquid onto the frame to make the screen slip into place easily. 2 screens done in 5 minutes.

Regards fabphil72
I don't know I haven't seen anything about terms of use, it was simply a tip to help anyone with the problem not the signing of an important document or whatever. ????
Not sure we are talking about the same thing - but when replacing a screen I have a little roller gadget - like a pizza cutter - but its rubber - and this forces the screen into the side mould.

Works well.
No not talking about the same thing you are talking about making a screen I am talking about taking an existing screen out of an aluminium frame and how to refit it.... perhaps I was a bit ambiguous
Usually slide the top and left edges in first. Once those parts are in the grooves then hit or nudge the screen upwards into the top cavity. Then you can push it in flush and pull it down into bottom cavity and slide it into right cavity. Make sense? I do it all the time on ours tame home when it's cleaning time.

Related
15/10/2023
DIY fence gate motor installation? Easy?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I mean, I install them/sell them for a living so I haven't done DIY, unless you count the first one I installed lol. (electrician by trade). Usually a 6-8 hour job for…

27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

24/09/2023
Best way to attach perspex to an aluminium fence

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Using a rivet sounds like a good idea thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum