Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Alfresco slab after handover?

Page 1 of 1
I'm just thinking is it worth it to concrete our alfresco after handover?

Our alfresco currently stands at 36sqm, I get concrete for 180 per cubic meter, is this an alright price?

Any help, thanks
180 per cube is a pretty standard rate.. add to that crushed rock and reo if you want it in there.

what are your plans with the alfresco long term?
Reo and labour will be free too.
if thats the case, i'd do it
Ill get the builder to give me a price with the slab as well for comparison. If I can save a few bucks I'll be happy
Is that for 25 MPA Concrete? Here 25MPA is around $170 a cube - so 180 is reasonable. If the reo is free - do it. I wouldn't pour concrete without reo.
To be honest I have no idea what sort of concrete it is!! I'm buying it from work. Work = highrise formwork. So whatever they use to build big buildings!
Personally I think it would be better done with your original slab if you can. I had cause to ring our Engineer who did the site/soil test and slab design, originally we had the strip footings for our alfresco the engineer strongly suggested we get it integrated with the slab as this is now what they recommend to all as are starting to have problems with strip footings over time cracking/moving etc. I did upgrade to this I think off the top of my head it was an extra $600.
mrs P there are a few places in the western subs that can do concrete for $150 per cubic meter and thats for 25mpa
I'm going to ask the guy at work what sort of concrete he gave me the price for. Goes to show how much I know!
Related
12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum