Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Question Reg FHOG

Page 1 of 1
Hi , hoping someone can clarify this for me.

I am in Vic and eligible for FHOG of 10K. I borrowed 84% of the build price for construction. I had paid 5% as deposit to the builder.
At the base stage, my lender asked me to pay the remaining 11% of share before they release any funds(lender’s remaining share was about 7K).
Since I was using FHOG for my deposit. I applied for the same through the lender. Once approved, lender released the 7K but also added the same to amount as drawdown to my loan account.
Given, it’s my money from FHOG, is the lender correct in adding the same to my borrowed amount?
That sounds a bit weird. As its your money it is above and beyond the loan.

Unless they did a drawdown and then released the money into your account?

What happened to the other $3K in FHOG?

Cheers,

Tom
plc
That sounds a bit weird. As its your money it is above and beyond the loan.

Unless they did a drawdown and then released the money into your account?

What happened to the other $3K in FHOG?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks. Had to call in a couple of times to get this fixed. The FHOG was approved but sitting in some ghost account, the lender credited to the construction facility finally.
Great to hear it got sorted!

Cheers,

Tom
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum