Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Henley home, partially built- not Advice

Page 1 of 1
I've received a PM from an anonymous poster (so I cant reply to it) regards a partially build Henley home (assuming its in VIC?).

The question asks if a valuation can be done prior to completion - the specific comment was did the house need to be complete and have an occupancy certificate issued before the valuation could be done.

Without knowing all of the details, the answer is its not impossible to get a valuation done as what we call "as if complete" if you have the build details, detailed plans and specifications - build contract even better but I doubt you would have this. I'd like to know more about why you are being told it cant be done - perhaps the land is unregistered but even so if builders are accessing it it must be identifiable.

If you are in Melbourne I would love to point you to PLC I've spoken with Tom and he is a good guy.

Best of luck with your build and apologies I couldn't reply directly - system won't allow a response to anonymous poster
Hi Bec, land is already registered.
I will have contract tomorrow after signing.
Then I cant see any issues to having it valued now, unless - and this is really extraordinary - the builder won't let anyone in. What documents do you have for the build? Plans? Specifications?
Yeah. I have got plans and inclusions. I think contract will have everything related to land..

I think builder will allow bank for valuation. It's my broker said he can't valuate until fully finished.
Yep, agree. Cant see any reason you cant have a valuation done now so you can go unconditional. The one thing, your approval may still expire if the build doesn't finish on time, but, your broker can also work around this. If you need help I'm happy to but again PLC is in your state. Feel free to shout out for help! Best of luck
If I get an unconditional loan with around contract sale price, I would bother less about finance clause. Hopefully it goes well. Thanks for help Bec. Will shout to Plc if needed.
Hi Anjan,

Bec mentions a partially built home? Was it started by one builder and now you are looking to finish it off with a different one?

Anyhow, she is right, the valuation can be done before it is finished, especially since you have all the relevant documents handy so I don't know what your broker is on about? Maybe they don't do many construction loans?

What you really want to do is try and get the valuation done for the land and construct before any loan is applied for. That way you know if it stacks up before applying and you don't get a hit on your credit file for no reason if it doesn't.

If you need any help, then by all means let me know.

Cheers,

Tom
Related
18/02/2024
Retaining wall not built to specifications, PC help

General Discussion

Thanks for your reply! All valid points and I agree with you on many of them. I am in QLD, any recommendations on a construction lawyer would be helpful

29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum