Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Has anyone dealt with Virgin Home Loans for their loan?

Page 1 of 1
Seems to be one of the cheapest home loans around. But every time I ring them up to ask general questions I always get someone that I can't understand their accent or they don't really know the answers to some of my questions, which doesn't fulfil me with confidence. I know once I go ahead with the loan that I'll have one person that I'll continue to deal with but if you can't understand them its not ideal.

Anyone got any experience of Virgin? Are they good?
No experience of their home loans, but DH and I both have phone contracts with Virgin and DH has a Virgin credit card, both very competitve deals.

I remember reading their home loan information and it did seem very competitive - interest rate low, no loan service or account keeping fees, low loan application fee etc.
If I remember rightly, the exit fee was quite harsh though - but obviuolsy not a problem if you are going to stay with them long term
heres a cheaper one than virgin from ING

http://www.ingdirect.com.au/home_loans/ ... lifier.htm
My sister is with Virgin (the first construction loan they did apparently) and there have been a few issues.
I think it took a few weeks of back and forth to get things sorted (faxes, emails, phone calls), and even still they haven't given her the right total amount (said they would change it later...
) so she will be short for her final payment.

I probably wouldn't go with them - but that's my opinion. I'd prefer a big bank in these uncertain times. Her rate is only 0.2% less than ours anyway and we're with a bank.

Ray.
We're quite happy with our community credit union, competitive on interest rate, and has no account keeping fees, loan service fees, exit fees or other such like that banks often sting you for, also if there is a problem you can talk to a real person face to face and usually dealing with the same person throughout.

I think their funds are underwritten by the NAB or Westpac, can't remember which, so no more risk than going directly with a big bank.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum