Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Construction loan - cost plus rennovation contract

Page 1 of 1
Hi just wondering if anyone knows which, if any lenders will offer a costruction loan for a cost plus contract. The rennovations are DA approved and we are using a licensed builder. It seems some lenders will only do this for loans greater than a million dollars and others wont do it for structural rennovations. Any information appreciated.
Thanks.
Our bank would not accept a cost plus contract - only fixed.

I would talk to your builders and see what can be arranged. Ultimately with a cost plus contract it will still go out to tender and you will have a good idea of the cost
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

16/04/2024
Hardie Linea Vs BGC Nuline Plus

Building A New House

We are building a house that was planned to be clad in Hardie Linea, our builder has now requested to swap this for BGC Nuline Plus. They look fairly similar and he has…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum