Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Have i screwed up?

Page 1 of 1
I had a savings account with westpac. Then i decided that bankwest would work better for me so i moved all my money over to them.
I still had the account open with westpac and i never really got around to closing off the account (im lazy).
Since there was no money in the account they charged me $7 service fee a month, which i was aware of. However because of this the account balance was going to -$7, then i just transferred money over within a day or so to get it back to $0

Have i screwed up? I was starting to think about getting a house loan, but after doing some reading i see people are getting knocked back if the bank accounts go overdrawn...

I have since closed the offending bank account and have got copy of my credit history which is clean (just 2 enquiries for a phone and a credit card.) I have also saved up $40000 so far

thanks
Nah. I had the same thing with an ANZ account, where I took all the money out and forgot about it, and they charged the $5 service fee and then $30 overdrawn fee. I paid the $5 and got them to remove the $30 charge but it didn't mean anything because it got settled relatively quickly - trust your credit file info. If it says no issues, then no issues
They wont knock you back over $7, dont worry
If it was minus a few hundred bucks for several months they might be a bit suss, but not for such a small amount. The banks know we are human and crap like that happens sometimes!
phew, thanks for the advice. Good to know
daveandally1
Nah. I had the same thing with an ANZ account, where I took all the money out and forgot about it, and they charged the $5 service fee and then $30 overdrawn fee. I paid the $5 and got them to remove the $30 charge but it didn't mean anything because it got settled relatively quickly - trust your credit file info. If it says no issues, then no issues

Same thing happened to me. I just rang ANZ up playing dumb and queried the $5 fee, and they graciously reversed the $5 service charge and closed the account.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum