Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Conditional Pre-approvals - have you been honoured?

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone been dishonoured without having major changes to the terms of pre-approval?

I'm finding it hard to get a straight answer from CBA, as to whether my home-seeker is going to be honoured or not. Since pre-approval (April/May) I have had no changes to income etc, and have been told that my pre-approval might be rejected when sending in for final approval.

I spoke to two different lenders, both said that its up to the head office, however one said they will honour it - the other said they mightn't.

Any recent final approvals? Disapprovals?
we have experienced the same.. apparently, they told us that because of the changes in Consumer Price Index, our loanable amount might be reduced to $15k.. we are still negotiating on it... haven't had any feed back yet...
I am in the same position. CBA are now offering me $20K less. My broker is trying to resolve this with them, but I don't know what will happen. It's very frustrating!!
Care to share other details - ie. date of pre-approval, their reasoning etc? My lender couldn't really tell me, yet I spoke to other lenders that didn't know of any changes. Very confusing.

Be sure to let me know if you have it resolved!
We are banking with Westpac and when we bought our block of land back in March, our Broker also got pre approval on the house loan. We received a phone call in May about 3 weeks before our contract signing date telling us that they might not approve our house loan and honor the pre approval etc because of the change of rules. There were many tears and panic attacks let me tell you!

We crossed our fingers and called the broker the day before contract and he was pretty sure it would go through as he said he hadnt had the bank knock back one pre approval yet. The problem seemed to be with people trying to get loans that didnt have pre approval. The contract amount was 2k higher than our projected figure and it was for a 95% loan but the bank came back within 5 days with an unconditional approval (which was fast for them. For the land loan it took 3.5 weeks!)

I know another 2 people who are also banking with westpac and their pre approvals were also honored (this was around the same kind of time frame) and both of them 97% loans.
Im going to apply for pre-approval soon. I think its valid for 3 months only. If I dont manage to purchase a property within this time frame, can I apply for pre-approval again after that?

My colleague told me that the 2nd pre-approval may sometimes be lower than the 1st one...even if your financial situation (salary, savings, etc) remained the same. Is there any truth in that?
Related
7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

13/05/2024
Builder that hasnt been paid final payment

General Discussion

Hey Buddy I am so sorry to hear. I have been going through something very similar. In our case a client owed us circa $200k for the final payment and moved in without…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum