Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Lenders and PhD income

Page 1 of 1
Partner and I are keen to buy our own place. They are full time employed with a reasonable income, I'm a PhD student and receive a tax free stipend.

I had just assumed that because my stipend is paid fortnightly over several years, similarly to wages, it would be considered as such, but seemingly not.

Does anyone know of any lenders that will consider stipend income?
Hi, the consideration is taking out a 30 year loan, with income they know will cease in a number of years - or less. Of course, one presumes you would not not pickup paid employment but they can't enforce it. I believe CBA are good with this income but haven't tried it myself
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum