Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Valuation shortfall Construction Loan

Page 2 of 2
Olapal1
Help, I need your advice, where can I get a good loan ??

Umm more info needed! Easy option - ask friends and family to recommend a good broker near your 😉
becjarrettdalton
Hi Alissa, I can understand your disappointment and concern. Have you had a look at the valuation? Have you compared it to other sales of 'like' houses in the area? That is, houses with the same number of bedrooms / bathrooms and land size that have sold in the last 3 months?

Do you know if the build component or the land component came up short? Or both?

Your broker should be able to help you - no need to jump ship yet! Start with looking at these elements and you'll get an idea if the valuation is wrong or not.

Can builder of land and home package negotiate to match up valuation?
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum