Join Login
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation

Replace taps

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, needed suggestions regarding replacing normal knob tap with quarter turning taps.

Today, I hired a plumber to replace my old knob turning taps with quarter turning ones. When the plumber replaced the knobs with quarter turning ones and turned on the water, water would continue to flow irrespective of the position of the quarter turn tap. Plumber than pulled out the assembly to see what was going on. He noticed that the end rotating spindle assemble won't reach the back end resulting to water flowing continuously... In that case he recons I cannot replace the knob taps with quarter turn coz the body of the of the knob has worn out too much that I have to either continue with same tap or break the wall and change the entire as assembly.. is this completely true?? Do i have any other options. Appriciate your help
Either the plumber doesn't know how to retro fit 1/4 turn taps or you have purchased fixed length taps that are indeed too short.
Most 1/4 turn taps are adjustable in depth to allow for seats that have been cut or are of different depths.
See this video for a quick explanation.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... iy7n4FlwfT

If your new tap spindles don't split in 2 parts then they may be one piece and are length dependent. In which case you will need to purchase the adjustable depth versions.
Thanks for your reply... i showed this post to the plumber.. he worked it accordingly... cheers
Related
17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

You are here
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation
Home
Pros
Forum