Join Login
Building ForumBugs & Suggestions

Finding only those threads that YOU STARTED

Page 1 of 1
I have started so many threads, mostly asking for info and help on a specific issue. After a few years and *cough* twice+ as many thousand posts (
), my own-started threads and hard to find, unless I can remember a good (ie. more unique) key word that I used in the thread - unlikely!

So, would be nice to have a function something like "View your threads". It would be similar to "View your posts", only the system would only have to search for the very first poster in the thread and then display only those threads that match the logged-in user name. Simpler and faster than the already existent "View your posts" (and no, I'm not at all trying hard to sell this idea
).

This would be useful for me since I often want to check something old out that I asked, but then it can be a very long journey to get to that old thread (and mostly I never complete it, and usually I get entangled into something else that I see along the way, which is totally unrelated most of the time! tc tc tc
).

In short, this new functionality would be good for old users with LOTS of posts & threads (like me
).
yes - i agree with lex - there should be some way to find our own started threads.
Try this...

Click on Advanced Search (top left, in the blue strip)
Next to "Search for Author" type your user name
Select "first post of topic only" or "topic titles only"
Click Search
Oh, yeah, it works

... only ... my heart desired a single-click luxury

But it will do in the meantime (or forever
).
That's why I like using the forum in tapatalk instead
easy to navigate.
But, it's given me a small idea..
Related
12/12/2023
Finding an old tile - Beaumonts Alto Eggshell

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi Kateo, Are you able to spare any of the tiles? Thanks Tony

15/01/2024
Finding materials in stormwater drain

General Discussion

in the stormwater pit or the drain? Those dont look like theyd fit in the drain. Separately, the pits do get stuff in them during the course of the build. For the most…

8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

You are here
Building ForumBugs & Suggestions
Home
Pros
Forum