Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Porcelain Tiles & Good Tiler - Perth

Page 1 of 5
Hi all,

We are about to build our first home and have decided on polished porcelain tiles in the living areas/hall. We've been to a few tiling suppliers and, so far, Crosby Tiles at Osborne Park and Stonehenge at Port Kennedy have been the standouts. But we're wondering about the actual cost of laying the tiles, as it seems to be quite high..$65-$70 per square metre (that's not including the purchase price of the tiles).

Is that standard? If not, can you recommend someone else? The area to be tiled is about 116 square metres.

Cheers,

TJ
Hi TJ, I am in the same boat. We've ordered tiles and grout but trying to find reasonably priced tiler. I called one I used before but he stuffed me around twice just trying to get him to come and quote so I told him not to worry. Let me know if you find one
I'll do the same.
I've got a quote from Quality Affordable tiles in Malaga for about $4500 just before christmas. For the large polished porcelain tiles including installation, grout, etc.
That was for just under 60 square metres. So far its the only quote i've gotten.
I would be happy to recommend our tiler (small local perth company), Ian is the owner, but Ken laid the tiles and did a good job. www.kandicontractors.com we paid about $48m2 which included labour,angle and adhesive. 3 days, about 102m2 in total. We had 600x600 porcelain tiles, tiles cost us $62m2. So total cost was about $110m2 laid (June 2012).
That sounds great Jockster! I'll definitely check them out.

I'll post here when we decide on someone.
I've now got a few contacts for tilers, let me know if you want some numbers. We're getting ours laid inc adhesive for $55/m2. One kid quoted me $90/m2!!!
Do tilers charge much for for rectified tiles? ie the square edged tiles with hardly any grout between? What would be an expected laying price in Perth?
Dexx I sent you a PM
How have you gone so far tj2000?

We are in the same boat and trying to find someone who will do a great job at a decent price with our polished porcelain!

toughen and off2theburbs could you please pm me the contacts/info you have?

Do u mind PM me the contacts as well. Thanks
Magic tiles have really nice 600x600 rectified porcelain tiles for $29.95 sqm not sure about install haven't got that far yet
I went to Magic Tiles in Osborne Park 1.5weeks ago. Still waiting for my quote back they said they'd call me with the next day.
They lost my business!
Magic tiles said that polished porcelain tiles need to be sealed. how much grout gap is recommended in rectified porcelain tiles?
Im currently looking for a good tiler....if anyone has recommendations please PM me or post here. I have got labour quotes from 44m2 to 100m2, I also not sure about screeding, most are saying it is a good idea but that is another $20m2 or so. Area us is 110m2
Mike at Tiling Prodigy
Don't forget to check for optical hazing with pol porcelain tiles .. See page 1 of my thread .... and good luck
hey guys
just coming up to key handover and im organising painting and all flooring so im also currently looking for a good tiler in perth to do an area of 75 sq/m with 600x600 polished pocilian tiles if names and numbers could be posted or pm'ed to me that would be great... has anyone had bad experiance using pocilian tiles with sharp edges and tiles not layed at the right height??? had alot of warnings that if the tiler is no good the job will be no good
If anyone has good contacts for a tiler or painter in Perth I would love to hear from you.
For tiling -we are needing to tile approx 110sqm in 600x600 floor tiles (living, dining, kitchen, hallway, entry).
For painting - we are looking to have all internal walls of our home done professionally after handover.
If you could please pm contacts/prices you have been quoted I would be most grateful

Thanks!!
CC101
Magic tiles said that polished porcelain tiles need to be sealed. how much grout gap is recommended in rectified porcelain tiles?

Our 600 x 600 rectified tiles have been laid with a 1.5mm grout gap.
Polished porcelain needs to be sealed and resealed later. Glazed porcelain doesn't need to be sealed and are cheaper to buy as well but look the same!
Related
5/12/2023
Concerns with my Tiler's job. With Pictures

Bathrooms and Laundry

Regardless of wall hung toilet or floor pan toilet your feet will be right on drain, seems to me the waste should not be in that location given the design. Also are you…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum