Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Has anyone used Kenbrock Vinyl Plank Flooring or Free Fit?

Page 1 of 1
I have just discovered another brand of vinyl plank flooring by Kenbrock and was wondering if anyone on the forum has used or experienced this product.

I have Karndean at the moment and was thinking of going the same way in the new build, but then Kenbrock put a spanner in the works when I discovered the website which has a simulator! Now I have to look into them both more deeply.
Karndean has been around for years, not sure about Kenbrock.

Anyway I have ordered further samples from Karndean and apparently Kenbrock will send samples out too. Now just gotta wait for postie
Hi, Im using Kenbrock in a kitchen/living room renovation & the flooring will go down in a few weeks. Ill post some pics & feedback once its done! I couldn't find much in the forums about the product so im hoping it will be ok but im sure it will
Cool thanks Beccanne for the input...good luck...if it is as good as Karndean you will love it...May I ask which colour you chose and which collection it is from?
Ive chosen the Queensland Sycamore from the Harmony range. I loved the sawn chestnut but I live in a red cedar house & realised the sycamore fits in better with the rest of the house! Cant wait to show some pictures off & very nervous that all my selections will come together ok. Its been 12 mths in the planning so have done far too much research! Good luck with your decision.
ALSO, I saw last week a new FreeFit vinyl plank which just sits on the floor over concrete, existing tiles etc. It is pretty new here in Oz I think so was wondering if anyone has experience of it?
oneness
ALSO, I saw last week a new FreeFit vinyl plank which just sits on the floor over concrete, existing tiles etc. It is pretty new here in Oz I think so was wondering if anyone has experience of it?

The Allure Lock system was the first click system vinyl released over a year ago and is still regarded by Unilin, the main licensing company who own the best clicking patent, as the most superior. It's not available in WA though, only in the Eastern states

"Gizmoe" who frequents this forum sells Free Fit and may be able to assist your enquiry though.
We sell a reasonable amount of Freefit. We also sell abit of the Kenbrock Klicsmart plank.

All depends on what colour pattern style you like as they both will do a great job.

Although the Manufacturer/Suppliers of Freefit & Laneway supply installation instructions that say to loose lay their products, in our climate in Western Qld, We use Pressure Sensitive type spray adhesives with the Freefit & Laneway planks.

We also try to have the planks onsite prior to the installation day to allow Acclimatization as per any product.
Out here it can be minus 5 in Winter to plus 50 in Summer & I'm not 100% confident of anything being completely loose laid dealing with the huge variations in temp.

When installing Freefit & Laneway, We have used the Ardex Spray adhesive AF152 & AF158 with great results.

Both products provide great friction reduction & stop the planks moving when installing, but if required We can pull the planks up to access the subfloor or replace a damaged plank.

Installation is still very quick.
Bump - anyone who had this installed have any feedback or pics?
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum