Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

Show us your curtains!

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I've got to the stage where picking curtain colours is doing my head in, and what I really need is to see pictures of different solutions. Our walls will be Whisper White, and our colour scheme is black/white/red/brown. Our funiture will be dark brown and black, and we're adding splashes of red as a feature colour with cushions and decorative things.

My main issue is the living/dining areas; it's an open plan house, so I gather the two areas need to have the same colour curtains? My first instinct was to put black or brown ones up, but I worry that because it's a small house (especially the living area), dark curtains will make it appear even smaller (especially with dark furniture already there), and I don't want that. On the other hand, I fear that white or cream curtains will be too washed out.

Gaaaah! Someone help! *lol*

If anyone has black, brown, white/cream, red or even other colours curtains, it would help a lot to see pictures of how it works with the surroundings! I thank you all in advance!

Don't have pics - but what about a pattern? A stripe or something could pick up on the brown or even the red, while still being quiet enough not to dominate the room. Or use a feature fabric to edge a neutral plain curtain, or use feature fabric for the pelmet. Fabric is so versatile - make use of it!

HD
Have you looked on Houzz.com ? I am having similar colour scheme to you, white Kitchen with black splashback, but have to tie in our Indonesian wooden furniture. I really want to replace furniture so may just do colours that I want for the long run. Anyway I am having white curtains with Silver Rods.
Hey I'm having a similar dilemma. Curtains are such a headache. I have found the perfect sheer curtains for the living areas though, it's Charles parsons abbey in milk chocolate. It's a very light brown colour and has a really thin trio of white lines going down. I've got dark reddish brown floors, dark wood furniture, white couches and red feature colour.
Related
2/06/2023
Ebays Motorised curtains

Building A New House

have you used any of the motorised curtain systems available from Ebay? Which one and how is it?

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum