Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Clothes Rail Height

Page 1 of 1
We are having a small issue with our joiner.

Our walk - in Robe has a clothes rail height of 2100. My partner even on her toes struggles will struggle to reach the coat hanger. We told the joiner about this and he didnt seem to care too much and said thats the height he does them to, even though the upstairs built ins have a more manageable 2000 height.

Is there an Australian Standard dictating the height of the clothes rail?
Don't know of any Australian Standard but 2.1m would only normally be for the top rail if there are two rails for shirts etc. A more normal height would be around 1.6-1.7m.
amgsl55
We are having a small issue with our joiner.

Our walk - in Robe has a clothes rail height of 2100. My partner even on her toes struggles will struggle to reach the coat hanger. We told the joiner about this and he didnt seem to care too much and said thats the height he does them to, even though the upstairs built ins have a more manageable 2000 height.

Is there an Australian Standard dictating the hight dictating the height of the clothes rail?

In your case, yes! Its called you pay the bill and he does what he's told???!!!

Just tell the joiner in a nice way....to put the rail where it is comfortable for both you and your partner.

http://impressivewardrobes1.rtrk.com.au ... kw=3788773
Our builder does them around 1.6 but we had to request them to be done at 2m

Related
21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum