Join Login
Building ForumRecipes

For all those who like cupcakes

Page 15 of 17
Lol dee, I'll give you the tip.. It's a heck of a lot easier watching the YouTube vid just to see how they work!! Took me ages... I'm praying DS doesn't ask for them for his birthday now :hyst:
Haha thanks buzz & stormy!
It looks great Donuts. I checked out that youtube vid when it was posted and as with youtube one vid leads to the next. I ended up watching another one where the cake mix went straight into the cones and then I ended up looking at 'diaper' cakes for baby showers, then baby sock cupcakes! It just went on and on and on!

Stormy
Still on phone and camera and haven't downloaded them yet. Maybe that's a job for the weekend!

We will hold you to that Stormy!
Everyones cakes are amazing.

So now I might put my bragging pics up ..

Well just this one.. This is more about the baby than the 'covered in bits' sponge cake. This was the only appropriate photo I could find. She was nudey for this cake smash.
SO cute cooped!
fairy blue
:: Great job, donuts!
I did a pirate party for my youngest sons 6th birthday. All the kids dressed up, it was sooo much fun. He still talks about it 4 years later. I made a treasure chest cake (posted pics somewhere in this thread).

We recently went to a 'pirate' themed party, so the invite said. We got excited and dressed DS up and wrapped the present in pirate paper.
When we got to the party the only thing pirate themed was the paper plates. No one else dressed up and there was no pirate anything. Dissapointing!
Stormy
Well done Donuts!!!

I've made a few cakes recently, but haven't posted them. I did a cat one for my Son's teacher who was retiring at the end of last year (she loves Geelong Cats and ...cats!), and I iced some 'Royal Wedding' cup cakes last Friday for the big 'event'. Still on phone and camera and haven't downloaded them yet. Maybe that's a job for the weekend!

Job done...

Here are the Royal Wedding inspired cup cakes I iced for the Royal Wedding TV watching and Dinner Party:

...and the cat cake I made last year, in various stages of 'making':

I have made some piped chocolate hearts to go on some cupcakes for a Family Mother's Day and Birthday get together this evening, so I'll post those up if they turn out OK!
Stormy - I bow down to you!! You are a cake LEGEND!!
Cooped07
fairy blue
:: Great job, donuts!
I did a pirate party for my youngest sons 6th birthday. All the kids dressed up, it was sooo much fun. He still talks about it 4 years later. I made a treasure chest cake (posted pics somewhere in this thread).

We recently went to a 'pirate' themed party, so the invite said. We got excited and dressed DS up and wrapped the present in pirate paper.
When we got to the party the only thing pirate themed was the paper plates. No one else dressed up and there was no pirate anything. Dissapointing!

That would be disappointing! I went pretty full on with it. I had so much fun planning it, I'm a teacher so it was a bit like planning a unit of work but soooo much more fun. My favourite game was the treasure hunt. They had to find things like a jolly roger flag, eye patches, parrot feathers etc. Prior to the game we strategically placed them around the yard. The kids and grown ups had a ball. I had pirate themed paper plates and cups and lolly bags too. Soooo much fun!!
kyton

You sure are!! You must be so patient!!
Thanks for posting.
beautiful stormy!!! I especially love the sapphire cupcake with the "diamond" cachous around it!! Inspired!!!
donuts
remember this old thread

just thought I'd post my latest stuff, for DD's birthday tomorrow.

her cake:

This is so gorgeous! Love it!
Did it taste as good as it looks like it would taste!!!

Stormy - your little cats are adorable! If my cats ate cake, I'd pay you to make me one of those for their birthdays
Yeah it tasted ok! I'm a bit sick of the taste of golden buttercake though. might lash out and do a chocolate one next time LOL.
donuts
Yeah it tasted ok! I'm a bit sick of the taste of golden buttercake though. might lash out and do a chocolate one next time LOL.

Thought you might be sick of chocolate cake after last night!
nah not yet
heee
donuts
beautiful stormy!!! I especially love the sapphire cupcake with the "diamond" cachous around it!! Inspired!!!

+1
kyton

Nah, not really, I just enjoy being creative. It's actually not hard to mold a bit of sugar paste/fondant, just a little time consuming!

fairy blue
kyton

You sure are!! You must be so patient!!
Thanks for posting.

Yes, patient when I can spare the time. The cat one was a little rushed, so it didn't turn out exactly how I had imagined....and the legs and tails fell off when I removed them from the cake for cutting! Lol...

donuts

Thanks Donuts! That was the easiest of the lot!

just Erin
Stormy - your little cats are adorable! If my cats ate cake, I'd pay you to make me one of those for their birthdays

LOL!!!

Cooped07
+1

Thanks Cooped!

I decorated some cupcakes for Mother's Day yesterday. First time I had piped melted chocolate, and made the hearts free hand. Next time I'll put a sheet of printed hearts underneath the baking paper and pipe over the top by following the lines...these ones are all different shapes and sizes. Pretty easy, though...just time consuming again.

fairy blue
It looks great Donuts. I checked out that youtube vid when it was posted and as with youtube one vid leads to the next. I ended up watching another one where the cake mix went straight into the cones and then I ended up looking at 'diaper' cakes for baby showers, then baby sock cupcakes! It just went on and on and on!

I got to make one!! This was the easiest 'cake' I have ever made. You can't eat it but I didn't know where else to post it. It has three layers, the bottom layer has fashwashers in it, the middle layer has singlets and the top layer has a muslin wrap. I hope they were right when they were told its a boy!

^^ That's fantastic, Fairy Blue! I have seen them in shops before and always thought they looked great...only wish I had received one when my 2 were born...oh well!!

It's cake time in our house again, and I have been busy. About a month ago my Mum turned 70. I decided (at the last minute...as you do) to make a cake. This creation took about 4 hours to 'construct', including the engineering of the pier. It's the beach house. OK, so it's not quite in proportion...but you get the idea!!

Last week was also my Daughter's 10th Birthday. We had a bit of a family 'do' (it always turns into the 'do' with 25 people in the house!), and I decided to make her a cupcake tower with a cutting cake ontop....kinda what is often done at Weddings.

It was probably the quickest 'cake' I've decorated, as I had piped all the chocolate hearts a few days prior, so the piping of the cupcakes and shoving the hearts on actually didn't take long at all....and I made it up as I went along.

...and yes, that's my apothecary jars filled with pink, white and green lollies!
Gorgeous as usual!
Related
8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumRecipes
Home
Pros
Forum