Join Login
Building ForumRecipes

Food, glorious FOOD - What's YOUR signature dish at parties?

Page 7 of 8
trishcoastie
I make a easy cheese cake which everybody seems too love,
use too make it at a cafe i worked at and was a winner there also...
1pct scotched finger biscuits
put them on a bottom of a tray with high edges

whip cream a large bottle
fold in a can of condensed milk
and add in lemon juice about 1/4 cup...

pour over biscuits
put in fridge over night let set,even better the next day if it lasts...

on top i usually put flake,strawberries but u can put anything u like on top...
its better too put it in a glass dish as u can see where too cut the cheese cake...

Does sound very easy - so it doesn't go or stay sloppy??
no it sort of sets and last more days than u would think,yummy.....

give it ago,i promise u will enjoy it and it will b what u end up taking too peoples bbq's...
licking my lips...
hey Trish,
whip it,whip it good!!!!!!!

my gf she even puts the biscuits in orange and mango juice,ive never done that and she put orio's in the cream mixture,never done that either...
trishcoastie
no it sort of sets and last more days than u would think,yummy.....

give it ago,i promise u will enjoy it and it will b what u end up taking too peoples bbq's...
licking my lips...

Thanks! Definitely give it a whirl!
trishcoastie
hey Trish,
whip it,whip it good!!!!!!!

my gf she even puts the biscuits in orange and mango juice,ive never done that and she put orio's in the cream mixture,never done that either...

Cookies & Cream flavour sounds very nice
Is it 500mls of cream?
i usually get the noname cream and its the bigger of the two bottles,i think its 500ml...
and if u like it more tarty use more lemon juice but i find 1/4 cup enough,u whip the cream and condensed milk and fold the lemon juice...
trishcoastie
i usually get the noname cream and its the bigger of the two bottles,i think its 500ml...
and if u like it more tarty use more lemon juice but i find 1/4 cup enough,u whip the cream and condensed milk and fold the lemon juice...

Thank you!
Cooped07
donuts
oh wow they look great cooped!

I'm making these for my DD's 3rd b'day party next month. cupcake cones

Have you tried these out yet Donuts or will it just be a matter of cross your fingers and hope they turn out? The icing looks soooooooo good!

today was the day! here are my version:
they look so cute!! well done
Wow so happy I found this thread!!! So many decadent recipes! I am really ahead of myself but so excited. My Mum will be 60 in March 2012. Ok so way too early but she never wants a party. But i have conned her into letting me do a mad hatters tea party, like a drop in party for whenever people are free to pop in. So not overwhelming and A bit of fun. Long way off but plenty to try here in the meantime. I will post recipes once I find my cookbooks. ( move in eventually....)
16paws.. I've been trying many recipes here and many have been a success!
Cooped07, cool I will give some a go. We moved in yaaayyyy! Unpack properly and then I can use the kitchen....
Easter foods now... Yummo!
16paws
Wow so happy I found this thread!!! So many decadent recipes! I am really ahead of myself but so excited. My Mum will be 60 in March 2012. Ok so way too early but she never wants a party. But i have conned her into letting me do a mad hatters tea party, like a drop in party for whenever people are free to pop in. So not overwhelming and A bit of fun. Long way off but plenty to try here in the meantime. I will post recipes once I find my cookbooks. ( move in eventually....)

Long way off....not anymore!! Been and gone
I'm going to make this for Easter.

Recipe here

I might even just use a packet chocolate cake mix and then top with the rocky road.
I put on a kilo just looking at that photo!
fairy blue
I'm going to make this for Easter.

Recipe here

I might even just use a packet chocolate cake mix and then top with the rocky road.

OMG... Delicious!
I haven't had any yet. I will let you know just how delicious it is.
how was your cake fairy blue?

I just made this...so easy and very yum

Donna Latter's Chocolate Cake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients

125g butter

1 ¾ cups self raising flour

1 ¼ cups caster sugar

½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda

2 eggs

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons cocoa

Oven 160 deg fan bake.

Method

1. Place all ingredients into a bowl & using electric beaters, beat for 3 mins or until the chocolate mixture changes colour, becomes thick and smooth & all the ingredients are combined. A processor can be used if desired.

2. Grease & line a 20cm tin (round or square).

3. Pour the mixture into the tin. Bang the tin slightly to even out the mixture.

4. Cook 160 deg fan bake oven for about 1 hour (this will depend on your oven) until cake is cooked.

5. Cool in tin 5 mins and turn on to a wire rack. When cool, ice on top with chocolate icing.

for example:
ICING

200g dark chocolate

60g butter

For the icing, melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over low heat. Cool for 15 minutes, then spread onto the cooled cake.

this came with the recipe : ( country womens assoc ) from CWA blurb
Merle Parrish says: This was a prize that was awarded in the memory of Donna Latter by her family, and to win the inaugural cup was the biggest thrill of my cooking life. I took home the cup (the first I had ever won), and a $50 prize at the state final of the CWA Land Cooking Contest.

(i found the recipe in april house and garden mag)
it was YUM. less sugar than my german chocolate cake recipe and no creaming anything!
Cake was OTT!! Too much chocolate and too sweet.
Wow! Never thought I would type that sentence.
Related
23/05/2024
Dish washer not getting water. Defect aquastop?

Kitchen Appliances

I get an error message on my dishwasher (whirlpool ADG 7580) indicating that the water inlet is closed. I think there is a…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumRecipes
Home
Pros
Forum