Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Relocating and renovating a home

Page 1 of 1
Hey all - I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times but the last was over 5 years ago.

We live in Brisbane and looking to buy a Queenslander, colonial or cottage style house to transport to a 400sqm block that we would then slowly renovate.

I would love to know if anyone has done this, the cost for relocation, any removal recommendations (I'm looking at Mackay, Drake & David Wright) as well as any dos & dont's.

The idea is to get somewhere and rip the kitchen out asap and replace cheaply as we may build under in years to come so wouldn't want to invest too much. We'd like to do as much as we could ourselves, but we're never done this before.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

Below is my inspo pic..
Related
13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum