Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Bathroom renovation - paint and waterproofing

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
So I'm therorectlically in the last day of my bathroom renovation mrs gyroside has been away overseas and i thought a surprise bathroom update . We have the 5 weekend's working on it, stripping it back to the studs and concrete slab treating and replacing top plate and studs from termite damage., sheeting the walls and ceiling.
I was planning to tile floor to ceiling in the main bathroom and just do a 300mm skirting in the WC so i waterproofes floor and 230mm around the perimeter of the walls. Problem arises when tiling the wc I ended 1 tile short for the skirting. So made the call to use half tiles and just do a 150mm skirt which im glad i did it looks much better i think but now i have a problem I've got 80mm of waterproofing membrane exposed above the tiles and its gonna be problematic to get a nice finish when painting
Is there a way to strip it off, im using Aquablok wpu on villaboard.
She gets back tomorrow at midday ao i have 36hrs to work with and it being a public holiday my options are limited.
Any help is much appreciated
Short of the everything come up exactly how i wanted it it would be shame to not get the finish i want due to a rough 80mm strip of pain
Maybe a quick skim of base coat plaster and a top coat to finish should cover it.

Regards James Mason

www.renovationjunkies.com.au
I would try a quick fix of cement or plaster since you only have less than 2 days to get the job done. Since it is only a small space, there really isn't much that you can do. Hopefully you had managed to keep that surprise a success for her return!
Related
4/01/2024
Bubbling paint on freestanding wall, despite waterproofing

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Grind texture and paint off at blister up to top of fence Will see damp cement render

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

23/04/2024
Current bathroom waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

We are having a bathroom reddone. The builders are putting down two coats of waterproofing and then screed and then another coat of waterproofing. This is what I have been…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum