Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Converting the garage - Question

Page 1 of 1
Hi there. I want to convert my garage to a room. But not sure how to best seal the gaps between the garage doors and the walls and still be able use the garage doors (ie open/close it when we want). Any advise will be much appreciated.
We used a heavy curtain across the entire garage door wall and it stopped the cold drafts from comin in. It was cheap and added a nice feel to the room. We could then always slide the curtin to one side and open the roller door if we needed to.
We also bought some cheap brand new "off cut" carpet from a carpet place and simply rolled it out onto the garage floor. Looks Great!
Good luck with yours.
Thanks for the tip - makes sense. The only issue I have is that bugs like spiders especialy come through the gaps between the garage doors and the walls. I don't think curtains will do the trick with this.
Related
5/03/2024
Converting window to door

General Discussion

If I hire a contractor to convert a window to a sliding door will I need to show them Council approval paperwork? That is, if I want to take a risk of carrying out the…

7/04/2024
Cost converting spare bedroom into a bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

start from at least $20,000 just for fixtures and finishes and then add on for moving plumbing and extra for a concrete floored house last new bathroom we installed in a…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum