Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

How much for a house foundation concrete slab?

Page 1 of 1
Just wondering if anyone can help me? I am building in a rural area in East Gippsland Victoria about 100 km from the nearest large town and I was asking around for quotes for a foundation concrete slab. The specs are:

- 32 MPA for semi-polished concrete floors
- house foundation is a large rectangle 18m x 7.2m = 129.6 square meters
- raft slab
- soil classification is M
- fairly flat block 1 acre, I've talked to some excavators in the area who have excavated a house across the road and they said it was a low problem site
- easy access to site from the road

I have been receiving quotes between $30,000 to $38,000 including GST which includes site preparation and excavation, formwork, digging edge beams, pouring concrete and finish and a concrete pump.

The cost seems to be between $240/m2 to $292/m2. Does anyone know if these costs are reasonable or excessive?
Lorrainey100 welcome to the forum
That is a great request for Information (RFI) The only thing missing is a site photo and Floorplan?
you might want to start by reading this
Slab and Formwork Costs
OT Some trades often take advantage of owner builders, here's what to do
1. Detail, Plan and Cost whats involved
2.Have proper Engineering/Construction Drawings, Specifications, etc
3. Compare & evaluate at least 3 written quotes
4. Break down the project , explain Data Visually and hope to negotiate-> aim for a fair price with the preferred subcontractor.
5.Take control of your project
More info required
Cheers
Thanks for replying

1. Detail, Plan and Cost whats involved - I provided them with an architectural plan and drawing

2.Have proper Engineering/Construction Drawings, Specifications, etc - I provided them with a structural engineer drawing

3. Compare & evaluate at least 3 written quotes - I've requested at least 5 quotes

4. Break down the project , explain Data Visually and hope to negotiate-> aim for a fair price with the preferred subcontractor. - I think this is my next step - I will be breaking it all down and getting contractors to cost individually.

5.Take control of your project
Maybe get a cost breakdown splitting the foundation cost and the finishing of the concrete as in cut, polish and coat.
Message deleted
Related
3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

15/12/2023
New Concrete Slab extended exposure duration

Building A New House

yep, clearly mark where the infloor heating pipes are before drilling or nailing

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum