Oct 19, 2018 3:28 pm
Just wondering if anyone can help me? I am building in a rural area in East Gippsland Victoria about 100 km from the nearest large town and I was asking around for quotes for a foundation concrete slab. The specs are:
- 32 MPA for semi-polished concrete floors
- house foundation is a large rectangle 18m x 7.2m = 129.6 square meters
- raft slab
- soil classification is M
- fairly flat block 1 acre, I've talked to some excavators in the area who have excavated a house across the road and they said it was a low problem site
- easy access to site from the road
I have been receiving quotes between $30,000 to $38,000 including GST which includes site preparation and excavation, formwork, digging edge beams, pouring concrete and finish and a concrete pump.
The cost seems to be between $240/m2 to $292/m2. Does anyone know if these costs are reasonable or excessive?
Re: How much for a house foundation concrete slab?2
Oct 20, 2018 7:50 am
Lorrainey100 welcome to the forum
That is a great request for Information (RFI) The only thing missing is a site photo and Floorplan?
you might want to start by reading this
Slab and Formwork Costs
OT Some trades often take advantage of owner builders, here's what to do
1. Detail, Plan and Cost whats involved
2.Have proper Engineering/Construction Drawings, Specifications, etc
3. Compare & evaluate at least 3 written quotes
4. Break down the project , explain Data Visually and hope to negotiate-> aim for a fair price with the preferred subcontractor.
5.Take control of your project
More info required
Designer,Engineer (Civil,Const & Envir),Builder,Concrete & Masonry Contract.Struct Repairs
https://plus.google.com/u/3/communities ... 1476023758
Re: How much for a house foundation concrete slab?3
Oct 20, 2018 1:14 pm
Thanks for replying
1. Detail, Plan and Cost whats involved - I provided them with an architectural plan and drawing
2.Have proper Engineering/Construction Drawings, Specifications, etc - I provided them with a structural engineer drawing
3. Compare & evaluate at least 3 written quotes - I've requested at least 5 quotes
4. Break down the project , explain Data Visually and hope to negotiate-> aim for a fair price with the preferred subcontractor. - I think this is my next step - I will be breaking it all down and getting contractors to cost individually.
5.Take control of your project
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
StructuralBIMGuyRaising house on concrete slabRaising house on concrete slab
Ddtheone From an engineering perspective raising the house isn't cost effective There are minimal compliance issues for basements, lol no overlooking issues OT Basement…
lesMCan you cut a concrete slab and reoCan you cut a concrete slab and reo
Actually the Building consultant was the site manager who made the call to change the original plan, The builders themselves would say to me "we'll be back becayse this…
anthonysmythe100concrete slab has some honeycombconcrete slab has some honeycomb
Thanks everyone. The building surveyor inspected the slab before pour. The concretors used a concrete vibrator to ensure a compact slab and they also used a laser to…