Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Cable deck balustrade with steel posts

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I've been searching through the web for cable balustrade systems and there appears to be some simple, and some more complex options. My issue is that I have 5mm hot-dip gal posts and I'm desperately trying to avoid having to drill a million holes for all my cable saddles. It will take an eternity. I'm looking for a welding option where the cable end fittings can be welded to my steel post. Those saddles look too thin to weld. Does anyone have any ideas how to use a cable balustrade system with welding instead of screwing saddles to the steel posts?
Rozz
Hi All

I've been searching through the web for cable balustrade systems and there appears to be some simple, and some more complex options. My issue is that I have 5mm hot-dip gal posts and I'm desperately trying to avoid having to drill a million holes for all my cable saddles. It will take an eternity. I'm looking for a welding option where the cable end fittings can be welded to my steel post. Those saddles look too thin to weld. Does anyone have any ideas how to use a cable balustrade system with welding instead of screwing saddles to the steel posts?
If the posts are 5mm wall you may get a better result drilling and tapping each hole.

This would give a professional looking finish.

Use duralac on the eye bolt threads to minimise galvanic corrosion

use a nutsert, an internally threaded rivet and screw the stainless swagged wire in

Pulse
use a nutsert, an internally threaded rivet and screw the stainless swagged wire in

5mm wall is too thick for riv nuts...

Betterhardware.com.au do a flip toggle where you can just drill a hole...

Related
16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

26/09/2023
Deck joist, bearer and posts

Outdoor Living

Seconded; we just used these last weekend to build a small deck. They worked perfectly as we have bluestone in the area where we wanted to build so digging down was not…

22/05/2024
speaker cable

Building A New House

16 gauge speaker wire

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum