Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Modified Camden supplied by PAAL homes

Page 5 of 8
well finally got to do some more biulding well some anyway got four days inbetween xmas and new year so we have started the rear deck have all bar three piers up the last three are five metres long so they have to wait till I get back from work will need a few more hands to stand them up we have also assembled half of the roof trusses as well, so all going to plan should start to put up the trusses second half of my break which is still two weeks away currently 120ks south of port hedland dieing in the heat and humidty, I do have some more pics I will post soon till then.
Cheers
Heath
this is weird
great going heath its hard doing it all espeacially the time frame what you think will take 2 days
usually takes 6 or more grrrrr
good luck with the rest of your build
OK progress so far.
The rear deck takes shape

The three 5mtr posts

All roof trusses assembled

I will hopefully post some more pics next week.
Cheers
Heath

WOOHOO! That's some progress alright!

Congrats!

prin x
Hi prin,
thanks for the encouragement.
well it's been another short week with only three and half days to do some roof framing got a little done but still have quite alot to go I think I will need some extra people to do the rest.
Cheers
Heath

Well ATM building has come to a colmplete standstill as DW gave birth to the twins yesterday @ 05.30 then again @ 05.45 both DD's are doing well as is DW, fisrt bubs weight 2.1kg and second at 1.9kg both just over 40cm long will update with some pics soon.
Cheers
Heath
Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful DD'S,clever girl DW
Many congratulations Heath. Hope dw is doing well. I bet big sister is excited.
Congratulations Heath!!
Hi all,
Well finally I have the DW and the DD twins home now all I need is for the DW to get into a routine and I will be back in building mode I have done some work on the house we as in my father and brother gave me a hand to stand the three five meter posts on the back of the rear deck and my father has been tinkering away fitting all the roof battens and ceiling battens while I have been playing Mr mom I do have some pics just got try and work out how to get them out of the phone will update soon.
Cheers
Heath
congrats on the bubbas sure they will bring much happiness and trouble in years to come lol
were they identical???
Well ten weeks worth of hollidays is nearly up with just under a week and a half left I still need to get mains power into the shed before I go back to work the 157m power trench was dug yesterday took the guy the whole day to do it incounted alot of rock and now the place is in a right mess, I managed to spend over thirty thousand dollars in the last week alone on the build not feeling to good about it either but its all for a good cause, so ordered payed and got some delivered and some I had to get myself the list comprises of 181sqm's of Jarrah pencil round decking, 110sqm 0f 12mm Jarrah overlay flooring, about two tonnes of picketts for the balustrading, a 1.9kw solar array, 1x 792m roll of 35mmsq cabel, 56 lenghts of 50mm conduit, half a dozen RCD/MCB's, 85 LED downligts plus two LED floodlights and also finally got a bill for earth works witch was 15K witch isn't too bad but still have to do the rest of septic system so I really need to go back to work and earn some more dollars so I can spend some more, and some pics of progress so far.
Cheers
Heath

Hey Heath,
Will be following your blog with interest - we're very (very) early stages of a treechange and at the moment the Paal Camden is at the top of the list.
that back deck will be just the spot for your chair and shot-gun (three daughters!)
good luck with the build and all your girls.
cheers
purplegirl
Hi Heath, looks like u have made more progress. Will u be putting your telephone cable into that trench aswell. Hope your wife is doing well with the babies.
Well been a little while since I have been on here so have just a small update we have started the roof sheets and have about one third done of the main roof I have laid all the power cable in the trenches and just waiting on a sparky mate to do his bits and pieces I got the local comunications bloke to come and run the phone cabe which is quite large and no conduite required so all I need now is my meter box and two sub boards and someone to fill in the trenches and I will finally have power on the block, solar array to be fitted next month, I do have some pics which I will upload soon.
Cheers
Heath
Excellent idea to get the solar up now. In hindsight we should have done that as soon as power was on. It would have paid for itself by now.
Hi Heath,

Nice to see some pics of PAAL Homes. I prepare their council plans for them.
These companies sound terrible so glad our kit didn't have any of these problems. The company we chose to go with visited our site quite often even though they just supplied the kit and assisted our tradesmen with site issues. Now we have a lovely home am so glad.
We came up with a custom design but they have some nice standard designs www.imaginekithomes.com.au

Good tip about getting the solar on straight away we are looking at getting it now the building is complete.
we are well on our way with roof sheets with just over half the sheets of the main roof up still a bit to be done cable trenches are filled in still waiting on my sparky mate taking alot longer than I had anticipated but thats whats happens when you use mates who are flat out with there own stuff but hopefully they will be done soon so still no power and still no word from the solar people regarding our solar array but apart from that all is good so just a few pics of what is going on.
Cheers
Heath

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum